Friday, February 27, 2015

Lesson 5/February 2015

ProQuest

1.  Oh my there are a lot of variables you can pick and choose from.  Takes some time to look through them but you can really narrow down your results by using the drop downs on the left hand side.  This however will take much less time than if you'd have to look through the thousands of articles not relevant to the students search.  I'm sure the student will be very happy with the results she can narrow down to. 

2.  Ok, I've been working on this about every day this week. It's like I have a block and I can't get past it.  I'm going to let it go for now, come back later.  Any hints or tips would be great though!

Thanks to Jane I was able to work through this, I tend to forget quotation marks.  The newest installment is

Michigan Public Service Commission Submitted Comments to the Federal Communications Commission in Response to the FCC's Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Declaratory Ruling Requesting Input

Targeted News Service [Washington, D.C] 05 Feb 2015. 

It's mostly about Michigan but it references Hurricane Sandy and how libraries on the East Coast had helped to get information out and keep running after the event.  There were plenty of articles that you needed to really sift through to get to what you wear looking for, but you could find it.  I know I would rather live through another blizzard like the one a few years ago than go through a hurricane.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Toni, I emailed you directly about this. Please contact us any time if you want help or have questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, voila! I hope you'll remember ProQuest for adults' information needs. Thanks for your work here, Toni.

    ReplyDelete