Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lesson 6/March 2015

Gale Virtual Reference Library

1.  I admit, once again I was having some difficulty, but then i discovered the title list and away I went!  I found Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of Foods and Recipes and of World Holidays.  I think the food and recipes might be my new favorite encyclopedia.  I love to cook and have already found a few recipes to try.  But anyway, it would take a little research from both the titles to find out all the information you would need.  I was a little surprised by the number of countries that celebrate Festivals of the Dead.  It seemed like Easter was about the only holiday celebrated on the same day and many were celebrated within weeks or months of each other.  I will definitely remember and use this site.

2.  I certainly didn't get as many hits when I narrowed the search down to after 2012 (6 compared to 93).  Therefore there wasn't nearly as much information about the topic.  On this particular topic more up to date information probably isn't as necessary since recipes and the history of holidays don't really change.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your work here, Toni. I love the 2 books you mentioned and hope you will remember them for yourself and your patrons. The point of question #2 was to help you see that we have added some new titles, especially in the health area. Have fun with your holiday planning!

    ReplyDelete